Monday, July 28, 2008

Engagement: Day 3.

It is 3:18pm. I woke up about 20 minutes ago, ate some leftover pizza and an ice cream bar, and now here I lay. I had been asleep for 13 hours. I started in on a double dose of nerve pain medicine yesterday, on top of the hydrocodone and muscle relaxers that have already been effecting my psyche. Last night's sleep was somewhat similar to an acid trip... I think.

Mrs. Faulkenberry (who will soon be my Mother-in-Law) took the day off to spend time with her daughter (my fiance) before she returns to Athens for Wesley internship training on Wednesday. The two of them took a road trip to Savannah to go shopping and try on wedding dresses. As an old folk singer once wrote... The times, they are a-changin'...

My mother, Drew and Bekah headed North on the road this morning towards Ohio, the homeland. I am extremely disappointed that Paula and I could not tag along. So, Dad and I are here alone for a week, and I'm still stuck in bed.

This has been a brief summary of the most recent segment of my life. And now, I will return to my drug induced, hallucinatory sleep.

In spite of it all,
the whole thing is still perfect.
I thank God for his perfect timing.

-Eliot VanOtteren

No comments: